Ken is Alpadis Group’s CFO, based in Labuan, Malaysia. Below he shares his thoughts on super heroes, his maths teacher and why we should look forward to the future:
1. In a short paragraph, please describe what you do at Alpadis Group.
I am the CFO, in charge of the financial matters of Alpadis Group
2. Briefly describe a typical working day.
Lots of discussion and interaction with colleagues, problem solving and decision-making actions throughout the day
3. What is your favourite thing about your career?
Building a business
4. Do you have any productivity tips at work?
Solve the easy ones first and focus on the difficult ones so that you don’t feel overwhelmed
5. What is the best piece of advice you’ve received?
Sometimes you need to take the good and the bad together in order to move forward
6. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
7. Who was your favourite teacher? Why?
My mathematics teacher because that is my favourite subject
8. What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
Visit places normally hard to access for ordinary people
9. Give us three reasons to be optimistic about the future.
Good health, financially stable, surrounded with good people
10. If you could time travel, where would you go?
Back a few hundred years to see the beginning of modern human civilisation
11. If you could share a meal with any 3 individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
Warren Buffet, Albert Einstein, Steve Jobs
12. What do you think is the greatest invention of all time?
The electric light by Thomas Edison
13. Would you rather win an Olympic medal, an Academy Award or the Nobel Peace prize?
14. Which of the five senses would you say is your strongest?
15. What’s the most courageous/daring thing you’ve ever done?
Learning to swim by myself when I was 11 years old