There are many reasons to come to Hong Kong, from good food to horse racing, street art and shopping. For businessmen, Hong Kong is an ideal place to start a company and do business.
With one of the freest economies in the world, low tax regime and safe environment among other reasons, Hong Kong attracts businesses of all industries. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Connectivity – Hong Kong provides superb market access to China and the rest of Asia and is connected by a first-class airport. Half the world’s population are within a five-hour flight
- Economic freedom – Hong Kong consistently ranks among the freest economies in the world, it is one of the world’s most resilient economies, has a high-quality legal framework, provides effective protection of property rights and strongly supports the rule of law
- Low tax – The corporate tax rate and income tax rate are capped at 16.5% and 15% respectively, and there is no tax on capital gains or dividends
- Workforce – the local workforce is well-educated, and Hong Kong’s immigration policies are designed to attract professionals, talented individuals and investors
- Dispute arbitration – Hong Kong is one of the world’s major arbitration centres with experts in commerce, finance, shipping and construction providing the necessary pool of experienced professionals to handle disputes
If you would like more information on setting up a company in Hong Kong, visit here.